Thursday 8 January 2015

Thursday's Sunshine Blankets


Good afternoon,


I would like to thank 'uomalley' today for her beautiful Sunshine Blanket. The name that sprang to mind was the 'Something Blue' Blanket  from the old wedding rhyme 'Something old, something new'. I  think this name  is perfect and I know the Homes will find it very useful indeed. It's a great size and made beautifully. Thank you so much for sending it to me.

Let's take a look now.


936 'Something Blue' - Thanks to Una.



002


Thank you so much! x



I thought 'Something Blue' would be the only Sunshine Blanket arriving today but I had a lovely surprise when I came back from lunch with Mr. Twins I found a card through the letter post to say that a parcel had been delivered to my neighbour. It had come all the way from Spain from dear Sonieta and her kind  mummy.

These two kind Ladies work very hard for our 'SIBOL' project and every few months or so send me  a parcel full of these wonderful Granny Blankets. The colours are so bright and cheerful just what the Homes need. A perfect size for laps and I know Residents in the Homes once again are going to find these really useful. It's amazing what you can do with yarn isn't it? I do hope our Blankets  are inspiring you to make one yourself!

Let's take a look now.  I've had fun taking some photos.






















Absolutely beautiful thank you both.

The Sunshine Blankets are already mounting up!

x Sue x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!