Friday 7 November 2014

Great Grannies!

Good evening!

Well what a horrible day here in the UK today! I got soaked when I went  out to the supermarket this afternoon. It's a good job I've had some lovely donations in to cheer me up!

I would like to thank Diane for a gorgeous Granny 'Sunshine Blanket' received today and two Crocheted Scarves. It really is very nice of you Diane to sit and make these for Residents in the Homes.

Here they are.



I'm sorry it's not a better photo the light was awlful.


                                              Gorgeous makes thank you so much Diane.

It's been a very good year for 'SIBOL'. We've had so many Sunshine Blankets and Shawls made for Residents  in the Homes. Who would have thought back in January 2010, we would make so...many! Diane's Sunshine Blanket totals 891 Sunshine Blankets.  My original idea was to make half a dozen. My aim now is to reach our 1,000 Sunshine Blanket. Golly that will be a special one. I shall have to have a think how we can mark the occasion.

It always surprises me how many Blankets  arrive at my Home.  I sit and write this Blog and sometimes I wonder if anyone is reading. But then Sunshine Blankets arrive and I think well I must be doing something right! Your kindness always touches my heart. I know the Homes really really appreciate your kindness too. Very often the Residents arrive at a Home not having many belongings sometimes they arrive with only the clothes they are wearing - can you believe that? Well it's true. Well you can imagine how special a Blanket is to them something they can call their own. So I'm very happy to accept your Blankets and pass them on to a needy Home.

I am often asked if  our project is continuing next year as some Ladies are finding it difficult to get their work finished. Well the answer is yes. I will be continuing as long as I can that's if you are all still interested.  I know it's a lot to ask but if you can find the time I'd be most grateful. Shawls are also needed by the Homes. I never thought this idea would have taken off either  but it's become very popular indeed.  So once again if you can find the time to make a Shawl please do.

Our items for Christmas Gifts such as Bed Socks, Scarves, Hats etc., are really for Christmas only. I would really love to accept them all through the year but at this point in time I haven't got the storage space which is a real shame. But maybe next year we will start earlier.

In closing my deadline date for items  Sunshine Blankets, Shawls etc., is the end of November so please try and get them to me by that date if you could thank you.  I am going to try and deliver 21 Shawls next week but I have plenty more upstairs to give out beginning of December. I'm sure the Shawls will be terribly useful now the weather is starting to change.

Oh before I go Liztelf over on RAVELRY very kindly found a pattern for a Walker Organizer we thought this might be a useful Gift for an Elderly person. Here's the LINK to RED HEART.

Well I think that's all for today, thank you very much Diane.

Thanks to everyone for poping in today!

My email address is
sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

Please note that my Home address is not published on the net.

x Sue x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!